Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The landscape on all things IT

I was thinking it's high time I start blogging on high-tech stuff of foremost interest to me. Thus was born InfoTechscape, as I'm calling this blog. I've been meaning to blog for a long time now, but my busy schedule has always been a problem. Well, busy schedule or not, here I come :)

Why InfoTechscape? Because it will touch on the landscape of all things/issues related to technology. The diverse topics I would like to dwell on in future postings include the increasing role of Linux on the desktop, .NET vs. Java, the Mono project, open-source IDEs (for various programming languages), the current state of the Web Service-Interoperability standards, problems in present VOIP technologies, Windows Vista, voting machines, etc.

As much as possible, I plan to give my posts a local flavor. Thus, residents of my native Philippines can expect me situating the topics in the context of local issues. But I would like to imbue a universal flavor to my posts as well. In short, I hope to attract readers of all persuasions and nationalities, with a common interest in information technology issues, to InfoTechscape, with the hope that my comments postings will influence discussions on these issues, and bring these issues to the consciousness of every reader.

Allow me to kick off things by saying that Blogger, as far as my short experience with it tells me, is easy to use. Before I decided to create my very first blog on this site, I read up on the various tools available out there. On the web, I found an article from the Online Journalism Review comparing various blogging tools. (Click here to read the full article, and here for a table summarizing the features of each blogging tool featured in the article). I would have to admit that my research was not that thorough (an understatement, to say the least) but I was in a hurry to post my ideas (it was almost 3am here in Manila). With the article concluding that there is nothing as simple as Blogger to get you up and running blogging, I decided to give Blogger a try. Hope I wouldn't be disappointed, though I have no basis for comparison so far.

With that said, allow me to temporarily say adios, with the hope that I will hear from you soon, informing me that you're reading Infotechscape, as soon as it gets rolling along. Hasta la vista! Or more exactly, until my next post ;)

No comments: